Caramel Nut Cluster
Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free, Flourless
Prep: 5 min, Cook: 7 min, Chill: 30 min, Total: 45 min, Serves: 20
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup crushed nuts (almonds, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, pistachios...)
- vegan chocolate (microwaved in a Pyrex dish for about 30 seconds)(optional)
- Prepare a large plate or cutting board covered with wax paper. Set aside.
- Heat maple syrup in a large pan on medium high heat until it starts to bubble. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Add mixed nuts, lower the heat a little and stir until all maple syrup evaporates and the mixture becomes thick. This should take about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the mixture..
- Scrub the mixture onto the prepared plate or cutting board, and spread to desired thickness. Pour melted chocolate over the mixture, if desired.
- Chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Take out of the freezer and break into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for a couple of days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.