Gluten-Free Walnut Cookies
Vegan, Oil-free, Gluten-free
Prep: 25 min, Bake: 13 min, Total: 38 min, Yields: 12 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 12 walnut halves for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, and potato starch.
- Add the ground walnuts, orange zest, and maple syrup and mix until well combined and the dough begins to stick together.
- With a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto the lined baking sheet, flatten with a wet palm.
- Place a walnut half on each cookie, if you wish.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until the edges begin to go golden and the cookies are dry to the touch. Let sit on the cookie sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a cookie rack.